In the TC Homeschool Program the child’s education coordinator is primarily the parent. The parent compiles the curriculum that the child will use for each subject under the help and guidance of the Homeschool Director. This can be from a wide variety of different sources: purchased curriculum, homeschool co-ops, or items from the TC Homeschool Resource Room. The primary teaching parent along with the Homeschool Director formulate a plan for the school year. Then the primary teaching parent guides the assignments, test and accumulates grades for courses taken at home.
Middle School Students (6-8)
Students may take courses on campus here at Toledo Christian. They may take up to 3 classes on campus, when enrolled as a homeschool student. All classes meet daily at a fixed time period. Students would come to class for that period(s) and participate in the class with the other students in a traditional classroom setting. All assignments, homework, tests and exams are assigned by the course teacher. The grade would then be calculated and recorded by the course teacher.
All Grade Levels have chapel on a weekly bases that Homeschool Students are encouraged to attend.
Students are entitled to participate in all extracurricular activities that are available, for an example,
playing and attending Sports (specific requirements need to be met to play sports, students are entitled and encouraged to participate in After School Programs such as Art club, Cooking Club, Running Club, Drama Productions. There are also field trips and events they can participate.
Benefits of Partnering with Toledo Christian
Benefits for all Homeschooling Students K-12:
- No registering with your local school district. All students are students of Toledo Christian Schools.
- All grades are kept by Toledo Christian, both on campus and off campus classes
- Support by Certified Teacher
- School Community
- Lasting Friendships
Benefits for Middle School Students:
- Access to all On Campus Classes
- All Core Academic Classes
- Band and Choir
- Many more
- Great Shake Speech Event
- Access to Guidance Counselor
- Sports – Playing and Attending
- Annual Field Trips: 6th grade – Stone Lab, 7th grade – Creation and Freedom Museum, 8th grade – Beulah Beach, Cedar Point, and Sky Zone
- After School Clubs and Activities
- TC Cares Community Outreach
- Spiritual Emphasis Events
- Weekly Chapel