Let’s make this work.
Variable Tuition is a need-based tuition assistance program similar to those used by many private schools, colleges and universities. This program allows families to apply for reduced tuition that is right for their family’s financial situation. This makes an education at Toledo Christian Schools affordable to many qualified students who could not otherwise attend TCS. As a result, our students represent a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds, enhancing the learning experience for every Toledo Christian Student.
Any family (current or new) of a kindergarten through 12th grade student may apply for Variable Tuition if they are concerned about affording the tuition at Toledo Christian Schools and they think they may qualify for the program. Many factors are considered when determining the tuition amount a family is able to pay including income, assets, unusual expenses, and the size of the family.
Before you begin your application on the FACTS Grant & Aid website, you will want to have the following documents ready to be uploaded or faxed.
- To be considered for Variable Tuition, all applicants in grades K-8 must also apply for the Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund if they fall within eligibility criteria, the application is quick and easy and can be found here: https://nosf.org/i-want-apply
- Completed 2018 Federal Tax Return including all supporting schedules
- 2018 Form W-2 for all individuals listed on the tax return
- If applicable, documentation for Social Security Income and Child Support
- If you are applying for an Endowed Scholarship(s) on the FACTS Application, please review the Endowed Scholarship List prior to filling out your FACTS Application. On the FACTS Application, you are able to select the Endowed Scholarships that your family may qualify for. Please only select endowments where you meet the required criteria.
- A letter written to the Variable Tuition Review Committee about your financial circumstances, including the amount that you feel you can pay monthly. Please submit this to Kathy Lewis in the Finance Office by Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
*A processing fee of $30 will be required to submit your Variable Tuition Application.