If your question is not in the listing below, please call the school at 419.389.8700.
- Does the School Office have your current email address?
- In order to ensure that you receive our bi-weekly informational emails, we must have a current email address entered in Eagle Access for our families.
- What do I do if I forget my User ID or Password for Eagle Access?
- Contact Joel Parker ext. 136, or a school secretary, and we can provide that information to you.
- What are the school hours?
- Elementary Students may arrive on campus between 7:30 and 8:00 ∙ There is no student supervision prior to 7:30 am; students will not be admitted into the building ∙ Students who arrive between 7:30 and 7:50 am must report to the cafeteria ∙ Classes begin promptly at 8:00 am.
Jr. High Students may arrive on campus between 7:30 and 7:50 am ∙ Students who arrive before 7:40 am are to report to the Blue Gym lobby (HS) and the Blue Gym (JH). ∙ Classes begin promptly at 7:50 am.
High School – Students may arrive on campus between 7:30 and 7:50 am ∙ Students who arrive before 7:40 am are to report to the Blue Gym lobby (HS) and the Blue Gym (JH). ∙ Classes begin promptly at 7:50 am.
Students that are using car pool transportation are to be picked up by 3:15pm. If your child is not picked up by 3:15 they will be sent to After-Care. Note: If your child is picked up after 3:15, a late pick-up charge will be accessed to your tuition account. To assist parents with child care, our After-Care Program is available (for a fee) on campus from 3:00pm– 6:00pm. Contact the Elementary Office for more information.
- Where do I drop off my child for school?
- Lower school students may be dropped off at Entrances A & B (sidewalk and entrance overhang). Students as per grade and arrival time are to report to the following locations:
Preschool & PreK
- Report to the classroom.
Grades K – 5
- Between 7:30 – 8:00 report to the cafeteria.
- Between 8:01 – 8:04 report to the classroom.
- After 8:04 report to the office for a tardy pass.
Important: When dropping off your child after 8:00, allow him/her to enter the classroom on his/her own and please do not interrupt the teacher. If you need to speak to the teacher write a note and send it in with your child or stop back at the School Office and leave a message to have the teacher contact you. After 8:00 school is underway and even short interruptions disrupt the school day and wastes precious instructional time.
- Where do I pick up my child after school?
- If your child is using car pool transportation, pick up will be as per your arrival time at the following locations:
Between 2:50 – 3:05
Under Walkway overhang between Entrances A & B.
Drive up Entrance B and the teacher on duty will call for your child.
Enter building and the students will be in the After Care room.
Note: Parent or chaperone will be required to sign-out child.
- What do I do if my child is sick and/or will not be coming to school?
- Parents are to call the school by 9:00 AM and leave a message with the receptionist or the school secretary. Please include the student’s name, teacher/grade, and the reason for the absence.
- What do I do if my child must take medications during the school day?
- Parents/students are to turn in medications to the school office. All prescription and over-the-counter medications must be sent in the original container along with dispensing instructions, and the required paperwork must be completed. Contact the Health Unit at ext. 131 for specific instructions.
- What if I have to pick up my child early from school (e.g., doctor’s appointment)?
- Send a note to your child’s teacher advising him/her of the early dismissal time. When it is time to pick up your child, report to the School Office and sign your child out. A staff member will call your child to the office.
- What’s for lunch?
- Hot lunch is available Tuesday through Friday and pizza will be sold on Mondays. Check out the Lunch tab for the monthly menu. The cost of a hot lunch is $3.25 and .50 for milk. Food and snack items may be purchased ala carte.
Specific Grade level lunch information:
- Grades Preschool, PreK & K: Lunches are to be packed the first two weeks of school so as to assist in the training of lunch procedures. For safety reasons, students many not use or have items warmed in the microwave. Snack items are available for purchase.
- Grades 1 – 3: For safety reasons, students many not use or have items warmed in the microwave. Snack items are available for purchase.
- Grades 4 – 12: Students can warm food in the microwave and purchase snack items.
- How should my child dress for school?
- Please refer to your student’s grade level handbook for complete dress code information.
- What should I do when I need to drop something off for my child during the school day?
- When you need to drop off an item (e.g., child’s lunch) for your child, report to the School Lobby and sign in for a parent/visitors pass. Note: For student safety, a parent/visitor pass is required in order to enter student areas of the building (including cafeteria).
- How do I contact my child’s teacher?
- Communication between the teacher and parent is imperative in fostering a positive educational experience for your child. Contact your child’s teacher by the following:
- Written note
- Voice mail: Call 419.389.8700; name directory (#8) – first 4 letters of the teacher’s last name; leave message.
- E-mail: teacher email addresses can be found on our website under the “Contact Us” tab – Staff Directory
- Leave a phone message: Call the school and leave a message with the receptionist.Teachers will return your call or message during his/her planning period or as soon as possible after school. If you do not hear from the teacher before the next school day, contact the School Office.
- How can I check on my child’s assignments?
- Homework and classroom information is available through Eagle Access.
- What are the procedures for school delays due to inclement weather?
- In the event of a 2-hour delay, school will begin at 10:00 a.m. NOTE: Half-day Eagle’s Nest and Kindergarten students DO NOT REPORT TO SCHOOL. Important: Toledo Christian may be on a delay, but the school district that you live in may be on a regular schedule (e.g., Toledo Public) and still providing bus service at the normal start time. However, please do not send your child on the bus in the event our delay is changed to a closing while they are in transit.
- Closing and Delays
- In case of extreme weather or other emergency school closing/delays, Toledo Christian Schools will notify TV Channels 11, 13 and 24. Text notifications will also be sent to parents who have updated cell phone information in Eagle Access. It is the parent’s ultimate responsibility to make the decision regarding their ability to send their child to school safely.